The 10th Day Campaign has organised an opportunity for open-minded budding writers to compete in our creative writing competition under the title of ‘People, Life and Hussain’.
The aim is to primarily encourage you to produce a personal piece of writing. Participants are required to write a creative piece of 500-1000 words about any aspect of Imam Hussain and his life.
Three entrants will be chosen as 1st, 2nd and 3rd winners all winning cash prizes and their personal piece published on our websites.
The following points are a summary of all the vital information you will need to know:
• Contributions will be marked out of 100 points.
• Your entries must arrive to us by midnight 30th April 2014.
• Winners will be chosen along with the distribution of prizes on the occasion of Imam Ali’s birthday [13th of May]. This event will be advertised on Mohebban.org
• You can submit your entries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• There is no restriction on the number of submissions from one entrant.
• This competition is open to everyone regardless of faith and ethnic background.
• Top three winners will be chosen by our acclaimed writers and academics.
• Writers across the seas are also invited to take part and their prizes will be sent via a feasible manner.
The way you approach your piece is entirely up to you; you may choose to do an account, an article or even a modernised short story to represent the events of Karbala.
Below we have listed suggested titles to stimulate the creative side of your brain but you are free to create your own title.
• Love is Hussain
• Life is Hussain
• Strength is Hussain
• Courage is Hussain
• Individual heroism of characters of Karbala
• Companions of Hussain
• Lessons from Karbala
• The Brighter side of the tragedy
• Hussain’s plea in contemporary era
• The real winner
Mohebban Al-Mahdi Youth Foundation and the10thDay.com campaign exhort you to get your pens moving and your minds flowing, we wish you the best of luck!
For more details on this competition please visit www.the10thday.comand/or www.mohebban.org or visit our FB pages at facebook.com/MohebbanYF and facebook.com/the10thday.
Send your email submissions and any enquiries to email@example.com by entering this competition you agree to the organisers' terms and conditions.
Manchester Islamic Center
5 Sydney Street,
Greater Manchester, M1 7HB, UK.
Tel: +44 (0) 7944784539
© 2013 Mohebban Al Mahdi Youth Foundation. All Rights Reserved.